What is Directors & Officers Insurance?
Business Insurance Quote
Request a business insurance quote online.
It only takes a minute.
Directors & Officers (D&O) liability insurance protects an organization’s directors and officers from personal financial loss if they are sued for wrongful acts while managing the company. There is a misconception that D&O claims only impact public companies. However, all organizations whether public, private or non-profit are at risk for D&O claims.
What is covered under a Directors & Officers policy?
The insurance provides coverage for damages (awards and settlements) and legal defence costs and damages (awards and settlements) that may result from allegations of wrongful accounts and lawsuits brought against the board of directors.
Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Claims Examples
- accusations of mismanagement
- breach of fiduciary duties
- misrepresentation to shareholders, creditors and others
- failure to comply with federal or provincial laws regarding workplace safety, employment practices and environmental practices
- company or stock underperformance
- making decisions without proper authority or authorization
Related Insurance ProductsBusiness Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial General Liability Insurance
Cyber Liability Insurance
Professional Liability Insurance
Posted in: Preventing | Working